Search blog for knife crime info

Sunday, January 07, 2007

PC stabbed - God knows how we help

It's so easy to get a knife and stab someone - sickeningly easy. A police constable has just been stabbed to death in Rutland. It's been all over the news this weekend. So sad.

BBC News - Leicestershire officer dead

God knows how this blog can really help change things but I won't give up. I make no apology for banging on about stopping retail outlets selling knives so openly.

People who stab - are they frustrated, red mist descends, then they lash out with a knife in their hand intending to extinguish life (or just injure)? Does it solve the problem they were stabbing out at? It certainly causes pain all round, especially to those left to pick up pieces, if they even can.

There needs to be restrictions - at least change this country's laws to put big knives behind shop counters or preferably out of sight underneath (removing temptation).

Like cigarettes and guns, knives can kill. We need licences to own guns and we have huge warning notices all over fags; why not similar approaches for knives - especially hunting knives and the like?

I wonder how effective this approach could be but some education is needed as well as trying restrictive practices, I'm sure.

Come on, let's change the law.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Hannah, Ima 14 year old girl from Havant near to where the terrible goings on were in the Chichester Gate chain of MacDonalds. Although I have nothing to do with this, I feel strongly about the issue. Last year in my drama lesson at school, we were preparing a piece for a drama performance evening. Our class chose to do Theatre In Education - meaning that we have to educate the audience with our pieces. My idea was Knife Crime in schools, and how children bring knives into school for protection from bullies. It was a subject that touched the hearts of all of the audience - our intention, and they came away knowing more about Knife Crime. Although most of the other groups chose to do something normal like drugs or sex, I chose Knife Crime because I think its a very serious matter and people my age need to be told about it. Something needs to be done NOW before it gets worse, and more people die. Shops need to STOP selling knives asap... otherwise more fatalities will happen. Please help Mark and me to stop knife crime now.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are keenly sought - they are always needed, to be honest! I always publish them unless they are spam, abusive etc. I will be notified and they will be reviewed and published asap.