Search blog for knife crime info

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Rio Ferdinand and pro footballers anti-knife campaign

Does anyone know what's been happening with the 'It Doesn't Have To
Happen' anti-knife campaign launched by the England football team's
Rio Ferdinand, David Beckham and David James?

I saw Rio quoted recently saying, "Communities need to play a bigger
part. Boredom can set in. There is a lot of peer pressure and then
something happens that everyone regrets."

Commendable comment and sentiment but I haven't noticed much else. Let
me know if you've seen any updates on this one - I'd like to think
this campaign could be helping more. Or what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are keenly sought - they are always needed, to be honest! I always publish them unless they are spam, abusive etc. I will be notified and they will be reviewed and published asap.